When Is it Time to Get a Medical Marijuana Card?
When to get a medical marijuana card:
At Daily Habit, we’re obviously big fans of CBD and the health benefits it can provide. But for some people, they might need more help than what CBD can do. We love working with Leafwell and recommend it for anyone who is interested in Medical Marijuana.
More about THC
Here’s the thing: well-grown hemp made with CBD in mind is essentially just like the psychoactive cannabis plant – it just doesn’t contain as much THC, and so is not psychoactive in the same way. So, full spectrum cannabinoid oils are best put on a scale of CBD-rich, THC-rich or equal THC:CBD. Some people just need more THC.
THC has been unfairly demonized over the years as well, and has very good uses of its own. Even low amounts of THC like 2 mg may be useful for adults looking to beat nausea, chronic pain or insomnia. THC is also an excellent alternative to prescription opioids or sedatives, which are far more addictive.
Remember: medical cannabis does not necessarily involve getting “high” or “stoned”, and there are many cannabinoids in the cannabis plant – psychoactive or not – that are extremely useful for most people. Other cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, CBC, CBN and THCV can also be used to decrease – or even increase – the psychoactivity of THC when used appropriately.
At the same time, using a multitude of cannabinoids together can improve their safety and efficacy, and THC is a part of the equation. CBD, CBC and CBG can be used to mitigate some of the psychoactive effects of THC. The terpene pinene can reduce some of the short-term memory loss that can sometimes arise from THC use. THCV in low doses can reduce THC’s psychoactivity in low doses, and increase its potency in higher doses. CBN and the terpenes linalool, myrcene and humulene combined with THC can increase its sedative properties.
How to get your medical marijuana card:
Luckily, you can get your medical card online with Leafwell, and take advantage of the full spectrum of cannabis products available. All you need to do is:
- Sign up to our medical cannabis telehealth platform. Please note that we can only provide online certification in states where it’s legal to undergo medical marijuana evaluations online.
- Once you’ve signed up and answered a few basic questions about yourself, you’ll enter a virtual clinic.
- You’ll be speaking to a qualified medical cannabis physician online within a few minutes.
- Once approved, your medical cannabis certificate will be sent to you via email. You are only billed if you are approved.
- You can use this certificate to then apply for a medical marijuana card. Please note that, in some states, this will be done during your doctor’s appointment. In others, you must fill out an application form and attach your certificate in order to receive your medical marijuana identification card. Leafwell’s customer service team can help you every step of the way.
When it comes to medical marijuana, you shouldn’t be afraid of THC or cannabis in general. It is a naturally occurring chemical and can offer many health benefits when dosed correctly.
So, if you feel that you would benefit from having a medical cannabis card, get in touch with Leafwell and speak to an MMJ doctor today! Use code DAILYHABIT to receive $15 off your patient certification!